Grant Kirkhope is the composer of games such as “Banjo-Kazooie” and “Donkey Kong 64” and the upcoming game “Yooka-Laylee”. He’s done a whole bunch of other games too, the ones listed above are just some of my favourites! I had the honour of interviewing him a couple weeks ago. He’s a really cool guy, and gave me a lot of good answers to my questions.
Part one is more about his job as a composer and his work, and part two deals with more personal matters. It was a lot of fun to do and I hope you guys enjoy it! xoxo
I love online shopping, there’s no doubt about that. So when I was looking on Fancy and saw a whole bunch of Emoji plush pillows, I knew I needed it right then and there. The ones on Fancy are over twenty dollars each so I went on Amazon where they are only about twenty dollars each. I was tempted to buy the hearts for eyes one, but of course, being me, I bought the poop. Come on, it’s nothing but shitty! It’s adorable, great price, soft, and shipping came fairly quickly. Here’s a link to get one of these bad boys: http://www.amazon.com/Etosell-Stuffed-Pillow-Cushion-Shaped/dp/B00RVDBI64
Along with this, I also got a dog key chain that just so happens to have (more) poop coming out of its butt. I used to have a cow and blue dog as a kid, but I lost the cow and my cousin ripped all of the poop out of the dog (yes, I am still pissed.) So I bought one back! This is a little cute doggy, very cheeky grin on his face. I wonder why? It’s only three dollars but with shipping it was over twenty. Was it worth it? Not sure, but who cares. Here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/Pooping-Key-Chain-Dog-KeyChain/dp/B00563NWQA/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1432501122&sr=1-4&keywords=pooping+dog
And lastly, a lot of my YouTube fans know I love Mangle from Five Nights at Freddy’s, so I bought a pin of her that says “Let’s Be Friends” on it. I like it a lot, it’s a lot bigger than some pins and it’s pretty good quality and home made. It was around three dollars then like five for shipping. Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/222955885/mangle-button
That’s everything for now. Talk to you soon! xoxo
(Here’s the vlog where I talk about all of these products):
Nothing’s worse than writer’s block. Therefore, down below, I posted twenty five ideas that are sure to get your brain rolling so you can produce some awesome blog topics. Just remember to always have fun with it!
- What makes your blog unique.
- A review on something (a book, movie, etc).
- Your biggest pet peeve.
- What you love most about your adorable pet.
- Choose five things that you are most passionate about and rank them. Write a post for each one!
- A room tour. This can include a video, pictures, or both! Make sure your room looks awesome!
- The hardest thing you’ve ever been through, and how you dealt with it.
- A FAQ post. You can even write a blog post prior to this asking for your readers to ask you some questions!
- A day in the life of you. Take a picture for every hour you’re awake one day and talk about your day.
- Your bucket list.
- Your anti-bucket list.
- A beauty blog. Share your favourite products and brands!
- A post of blog ideas. Just like this one.
- Quotes. Nothing suits a blog quite like a bunch of beautiful words put together.
- Take a bunch of gorgeous photos and turn it into a great blog post.
- Share with your readers your favourite blogs.
- Where you see yourself in five years from now. Make sure you make it creative!
- The worst job interview you’ve ever been on. Share your flaws and mistakes so others can learn from them!
- Your high school experience(s). Was it positive or negative?
- A letter to your parents, siblings, friend, partner, or ex. Get your feelings out there.
- Your favourite recipe ever, and add in pictures of the final product.
- Why you started blogging. Were you just bored or were you carrying out a passion?
- The time you either met or lost a good friend. Make it inspiring!
- Fashion dos and fashion don’ts.
- What life means to you.
I hope this helped! Enjoy!
If you’re reading this right now, then I want it to be no secret that you have a talent, hidden or not, and you have all of the potential in the world to gain success and confidence. We all (hopefully) have major goals that we want to accomplish in life. The problem? Less than 50% get there. Is it because they simply couldn’t? Is it because they weren’t good enough? No and no. It’s because if things fail for a while or it seems hopeless, then people lose hope. They give up. But you can’t. Because you will make it one day.
11 TIPS FOR SUCCESS AND CONFIDENCE
- If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
- Say exactly what you mean and never less.
- Don’t be a people pleaser. In life, it’s okay to be a little selfish. You don’t owe anyone anything.
- Trust your instincts. They could bring you to your fate.
- Never speak bad about yourself. Throw away the idea of being your worst critic. Instead, be your biggest fan.
- Don’t be afraid to say no.
- Don’t be afraid to say yes.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Let go of what you can’t control.
- Stay away from drama and negativity. You don’t need it. Be positive.
- Love. Love yourself, love others, love things, love life.
Thanks for reading! Subscribe to my blog for weekly posts just like this one.
Photo Credit: Tumblr. All rights reserved to the respective owners.
Since it’s less than two days away until the new year, I decided to write a blog post about blog posts. Literally. So today’s topic is: why I started to blog. I definitely don’t blog as much as I should, but for what I do, I like it. Blogging’s fun. It’s like an online journal for the whole world to read. Somewhere you can place everything you love and write about anything that interests you at all. When I first got my blog, I just wanted it to be a website about me, my novels, my acting career, and my motivational speaking career. Then as time went on, I realized that WordPress was specifically designed to be a blogging platform. So, I began to write more blogs. A lot of opinion pieces, influential quotes, stuff like that. Then as I acted a bit more and did a public speaking event, I realized that juggling three things (being a novelist, actress, and public activist) was too much for me to handle as a career and I just wanted one thing to focus on. Since I’ve been writing books since a little girl, I decided on dropping the acting and motivational speaking titles and just continue on with writing. This is why my blogs are a lot more wordy now, rather than just quotes like they used to be. But I do love quotes still! You probably noticed. My favourite author and I talk sometimes (I know, she’s totally awesome) and she told me that publishers enjoy looking at blog posts and that every good author should have one. Right on! I’m going to stop rambling on now. But in conclusion, what I thought about the day I started writing on my blog was: “Writing’s fun. Blogs are fun. Let’s do this.” And so I have! Oh, and, I get to proclaim my obsession for the colour pink. Also in case you haven’t noticed, which you probably have.
Have a great week!
Wow . . . can you believe it?! Neither can I! I started this blog in February 2014, and here we are, December 2014! Thank you to all of my readers, whether you’re a reader of my book, blog, or both! Writing blogs on my website these past few months have been so fun, and I know that I’m going to continue to be a blogger (and hopefully vlogger eventually!) for many years to come! So once again, thanks so much for everyone’s support. It means the world to me! I love you guys! xoxo
— Victoria ❤
This is just a small update! I haven’t posted a new blog post in a week now, which I am really sorry about. I’ve been extremely busy lately. As you all know, it is now December! We can begin to celebrate Christmas without feeling guilty about it! Woo-hoo! I just put up my Christmas tree on the weekend. Also, Hammie went to her very first vet appointment last Thursday! She was being a very good hammy. Unfortunately I won’t be able to post much this week either. But more posts are coming up soon. There will be more quote posts, life posts, book posts, video game posts, and of course, blogs about Christmas. I hope everyone is having a good December thus far! Talk to you all soon. — Victoria ❣