Happy holidays! With only nine days left remaining until Christmas, it’s the perfect time to bake some holiday goodies for you, your friends, and the whole family. These peppermint cake pops are perfect, as they serve up to fifteen people. They are delicious and easy to make, so turn up the Christmas tunes, and let’s get baking!
- 4 tablespoons of butter (2 for cake pop batter, 2 for frosting)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of milk
- 3 candy canes
- 15 cake pop sticks
- 200g of white chocolate
- Cupcake or cake mix of your choice
Directions for Cake Pop Batter
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch cake pan.
- Combine cupcake or cake mix, butter, water, and egg. Using an electric mixer, beat only until well-combined.
- Distribute batter into prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When cake has cooled, cut into quarters and crumble by hand into a large mixing bowl.
Directions for Frosting
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter on high for one minute, or until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and mix just until combined.
- Add milk and beat on high for one minute.
Directions for Cake Pops
- Add frosting to cake and mix together using an electric mixer util mixture can easily be shaped into balls.
- Roll cake into 15 balls and place on a waxed paper-lined plate before setting in a freezer for 20 minutes to firm and make assembly easier.
- When freezer time is almost finished, heat white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl just until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Immediately remove cake balls from freezer. One at a time, take one cake pop stick and dip the end 1/2 inch into the melted white chocolate. Insert into cake ball.
- Dip cake pop into melted white chocolate and gently tape against side of bowl to remove excess. Work quickly as cake balls may start to soften.
- Crush candy canes into small, fine pieces into a bowl while coating is still warm and dip the top of the cake pops in to cover. Serve and enjoy!
Have a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for the holiday season.
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA