Not my usual type of post. But about three years ago I tried chocolate cheesecake balls for the first time, and I fell absolutely in love. Just like sugar cookies, it’s hard to only eat one. This one has salt involved for those of you with sweet and salty taste buds. Here’s a recipe that’s both easy and delicious.
SALTED CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BALLS
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce of sea salt for chocolate cheesecake ball topping
- Using a mixer, slowly add powdered sugar to cream cheese mixing well after each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Chill several hours.
- Shape into one inch balls.
- Roll in coatings.
- Top each ball delicately with sea salt.
- Chill, covered until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 45-50 balls.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
- TIPS: If you don’t want a sweet and salty combination, just don’t add the sea salt toppings. For a richer taste, use dark chocolate (or 70% cocoa) for a bitter-sweet taste instead of the milk chocolate. And because they’re made of cream cheese, you will need to refrigerate until served.
Thanks for reading!
– Victoria xoxo